Thursday 27 December 2012

Sleepless in Swansea

I am so lucky to have a baby and toddler who both sleep through the night. There is no better feeling in life than to wake up from seven hours of unbroken sleep.

But it’s not always been like this. When toddler was a baby she used to wake up several times a night (between 0-7 months) and after several weeks of this I felt like death warmed up. When I was sleep deprived I felt dizzy from tiredness, which made the difficult parts of the day seem impossible. Reading/replying to emails was the only academic-type job I could do as any task requiring concentration was a waste of time. It helped to go out for a walk and get some fresh air. I can empathise with InBabyAttachMode and I too turned to sleep training guides which offered some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment