Wednesday 6 March 2013

Sneak Peak: Class Matters in the Interview Setting



Our article has been published finally! 

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I started the Paired Peers research, interviewing middle-class and working-class students, I was struck that I wasn’t experiencing the kind of guilt or angst that I had done when conducting my PhD research with Muslim women of British-Pakistani origin. There was something about being an ‘outsider’ that made my PhD research somehow much more difficult to conduct. I was surprised that with the Paired Peers students, it was much easier to gain trust and create a strong rapport. So with colleagues I was excited to write about the interviewer-participant relationship and in doing so, we realised that there was very little literature on social class and rapport in the interview setting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment